1. Familiarity with local markets: a property manager is usually based in the area they are servicing. They then have a direct pulse on the communities fair market rental rates, community bylaws and zoning and issues to be wary of. South Okanagan Rentals Property Management (SORPM) is local and our property managers and staff live in the South Okanagan; Osoyoos and Oliver.
2. Understanding of the law: tenancy laws can and do change. A professional property manager is abreast of any law changes. Understanding of the law is also very important as methods of giving notice and time periods must be strictly adhered to, to be enforceable if there ever was issue. We at SORPM are active members with LandlordBC and the Professional Association of Managing Agents; both of which offer continuing education and notify us of any law changes immediately.
3. Tenant awareness: we at SORPM are well known in the Osoyoos and Oliver communities. Potential tenants often check our website: southokanaganrentals.com every day for new available rental properties.
4. Marketing your property: SORPM can advise on the correct monthly rental amount to fill the vacancy quickly but also maximize profit. We also employ a digital marketing team that advertises the property with attractive designs and photos in numerous online digital platforms such as Facebook, Facebook Marketplace, Kijiji and Craigslist.
5. Vendor relationships: a property management company will often have dedicated tradespeople contacts that offer great service at reasonable prices. We at SORPM have plumbers, maintenance men, electricians and contractors that we have full confidence in as to their abilities and rates.