- HAVE THE AIR CONDITIONER INSPECTED: Extend the life of your air conditioning unit by having it inspected, serviced and cleaned. Now is an excellent time to advise your tenants to change filters in the unit as well.
- CHECK THE GUTTERS: Its important to clean your gutters before and after wet seasons. Ensure your gutters are not clogged with debris. Debris can be removed with a garden hose. A clogged gutter may create a leaking roof or exterior water damage.
- IRRIGATION START UP: Spring is the time to start up your irrigation. Dry summers in the South Okanagan lead to the potential of dying vegetation, which can also be a fire hazard. Work with a reputable irrigation company to check all irrigation equipment and start the system for you.
- YARD MAINTENANCE: Weeding, tree trimming and pruning will ensure good health of your rental property’s yard for many years to come. Lawn aeration, seeding and fertilization can also contribute greatly to your yard’s health. Our landlord clients often pay to have a spring and fall clean-up of the yard to ensure the yard is being maintained.
- MOISTURE BUILD-UP: Winter brings moisture which can lead to mold or mildew on your property. Tenants should be reminded to check for mould and ensure they are using fans to prevent build-up.
At South Okanagan Property Management we have tenants sign an “Emergency and Maintenance” instructions sheet which clearly outlines expectations for the property on the above. We also perform mandatory quarterly inspections on most properties where we check on preventative maintenance items, yard upkeep, mold, gutters, filters, and dispatch irrigation start ups, where necessary.
Contact us today for professional property management in the South Okanagan.