As a tenant in a property you may only be occupying the residence for as little as six months to a year, but this home should still be safe and fit your needs as much as possible.
A list of important features to explore before signing a tenancy agreement:
- Assess the property’s safety: check door locks, exterior lighting, and ask the property manager about crime in the area.
- Ask about utilities: inquire about the heating source, ask to see past utility bills.
- Explore the neighbourhood: drive around the area and check neighbouring properties for tidy outdoor spaces. Investigate amenities available such as restaurants, health services and gyms.
- Talk to neighbours: if you see a friendly person outside ask their opinion on the area.
- Inquire about decor: ask the property manager if painting the property to suit your own tastes in allowable and what other improvements to the property may occur.
We at South Okanagan Rentals Property Management value our residents and potential residents. We are always here to answer your questions about the 115 properties we manage in the South Okanagan communities of Summerland, Penticton, Okanagan Falls, Keremeos, Cawston, Oliver and Osoyoos.
Check out our available rental properties here: https://sor.yitca.com